Friday, November 15, 2013

Will you be a princess?



"We believe there is a Princess inside every girl. But a tiara isn’t the only thing that makes her shine. Her inner light is what is so enchanting; the spark within that illuminates her generosity of spirit, her love of life." -Disney 



I recently watched a video titled, "I Am a Princess" and it was such a pleasure to watch. It reminded me that in our community and in our social media world, we often forget the qualities of a princess. I sat here watching this video saying to myself, "I am a Princess" and it brought back the qualities that multiple individuals don't associate with being called a Princess. As a pageant contestant, I often see little girls asking "Are you a princess?" and after watching this video, I can shake my head yes knowing that I Am a princess. It speaks of bravery in a time of being scared, loyalty and trust and how we, as princesses, believe loyalty is built on trust. That as princesses, we need to be kind and generous, even when others are not generous when we are kind to them. Standing up for yourself is important however, this video reminds you of standing up for others and with others is more important. Kindness is power. 

My favorite quote from this whole video is, "I've been told that I am beautiful, but I KNOW I am strong." 

These are the qualities we want to instill in young women today. The qualities of kindness above all, standing up for others, being brave when in a time of fear and most important, knowing that YOU are strong. 

 In Esther 4:14 it states this, "And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?"


Long may you reign, 



No comments:

Post a Comment